Monday, August 27, 2007

Swimmin' with the sharks...our trip report!

Well we are back from the beach and we are worn out. Copeland came to my car from carpool line with really messy hair. He slept all of nap time today. I am just now up to posting pics, I really need to be doing laundry but we are out of detergent. You know how after you go on vacation you have NO groceries, etc, we are in that state. I'm going to the grocery tonight.

We ventured out of our comfort zone of Sandestin to try a new resort called Splash in Panama City. Known for the teen strip, we were a little worried about going there. A girl who hosted a party for me told me about this place. There was almost too much to do here. You couldn't do it all. My fav. anyway is to play on the beach. Everything about the resort was nice except the other people there. There were some family's like "us" (that sounds snotty, I'm sure) but most just rednecked (is that a word?) up the place. I've never seen so many people smoking on the beach... Someone stole Ford's new football that he bought with his own money and he was devastated! We watched them take it out from under our tent from the balcony. After all this, we really did have a great time with Jon, Clancy, Mary Reagan, Len, Christine, Will, Lisa, Payton, and Parker.

The water was beautiful. The sand bar was really close to shore so we felt really good about taking the kids out there. We dove for sand dollars, etc. I even took Ann Welch out there by myself when everyone else was at the pool. The first day a lady came by and told us that they were watching sharks from their 16th floor balcony. The realist that I am said, "are you sure they aren't dolphins"? I didn't believe her. Well the next day we had several other people tell us they were watching them swim all around the sand bar. This was after we spent two days in the water. I was kind of freaked out then. Oh well, we got lucky I guess...




Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Beautiful pictures, as always...

Nancy Hood said...

I've been reading your blog after looking through some of Leah Hunt's sites. I enjoy yours so much! I don't know if you know her, but I'm Jenny Maddox's mother. We saw Clancy and her mother tonight at Holly's home. How do you know her?! It's such a precious family!! nancyhood.blogspot.com PS~LOVE the pics!!

Liz Harris Johnston said...

Hey girl! I love reading your blog! Looks like ya'll had a GREAT time at the beach! We didn't go this year because Braxton was too small but look out next year!!
I LOVE, I mean, LOVE, all of Ann Welch's clothes!! When you post pictures, I can't wait to see what she is wearing. And might I add what a good photographer you are. You really should get in the business!! I would go to you!!
Sometime when we come to Mont., I would love to see you and meet for lunch, or something.....maybe chik-fil-a so the kids could play while we chit-chat.
Glad to know you are doing so well!