Thursday, November 29, 2007

Day 3, Disney's Animal Kindom AND THE STOMACH VIRUS HITS....

I'm just now getting around to posting our updates, so I'm posting the first three days at once. You may have to scroll down a few pages.

Today we visited Animal Kingdom. I LOVE this park. Ford's favorite ride is the Kali River Rapids where everyone gets soaked. He rode it three times in a row. We put ponchos on so we wouldn't get too wet. My favorite show is at AK...The Festival of the Lion King. If you haven't seen this, don't miss it!! Copeland loved Expedition Everest.

So, after lunch we had an unfortunate turn of events. I've been a really good girl this year, I promise. This being our 5th time at Disney with the kids, we've never gotten sick. Unfortunately, I guess, we were due. Today at Animal Kingdom while we were waiting for Missy and Clancy, Ann Welch barfed all over the place. You cannot plan for something like this. I'm just standing there, embarrassed, and feeling horrible for my baby and it's like you just freeze. The Disney employees were so nice. I was apologizing and they were like, "this happens everyday here, don't worry about it". I immediately scooped her up and we headed for the bus stop to come back to the Resort. By the time we got to the bus stop, she threw up again and then again on the bus. I could feel all the other mom's looking at me sympathetically. So...here we are...in the hotel room...cleaning up throw up and diarrhea..

I'm sitting here praying this nasty virus doesn't go through all of us. Please PRAY now that no one else gets it!! David doesn't do well with stomach viruses, they seem to hit him the worst. While the rest of the crew went to Downtown Disney tonight, we hunkered down in our room. David did take the boys swimming, so they had fun with that. Ford is working on his school work...hopefully we will get to go back to Magic Kingdom tomorrow. We have Epcot on Sat. and MK again on Sunday and then we head home.


Here are some pictures I snapped today before the crisis.


`

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Girl!... Bless you all. That is horrible - hopefully it passes as quickly as it came. And, hope you all don't get it!...

Jenny said...

Oh no! I hope the rest of you stay well and that Ann Welch is better soon!

Liz Harris Johnston said...

You poor thing!! Of all times to be sick!! I hope she feels better and ya'll can enjoy the rest of your trip! Keep us updated and love the pictures!!