Tuesday, December 11, 2007

the tale of the body parts...

DISCLAIMER: Mimi and Mama Sue DON'T read this... :-)

As I was giving Ann Welch a bath the other day she pointed to her "private girl area" and said, "look at my wiener". The boys have always called their private area "wiener". I tried to explain to her that she didn't have a "wiener," that hers is a "too too". I think I made that up on the spot b/c I didn't want her to have a "wiener". For what it's worth, I'm NOT one of those parents who likes to use correct terminology for private parts. No offense to anyone that does, I'm just not that way. (I can't believe I'm posting about this).

She also has started calling her bottom, her "hiney body". Hopefully all these new body part words are going to come in handy while we begin to potty train!

4 comments:

Robyn said...

Hey, Allison! I left you a message in my comment section about the lens question. Let me know what you get! I'm sure I'll have lens envy!!!!

Adcock'sCircus said...

Recently Ward had someone call it a cookie jar - i think too-too is much better.

sweeter and the bubbas said...

Heather,
The cookie jar...that is hilarious!! I'm glad little baby Adcock is still cooking for a little longer. I'm sure bed rest is no fun. Not too much longer though!

Kristi said...

My Great-grandmother called it her cabbage patch. I like Sophia Patrillo's description (from the Golden Girls)... "not as much as you hurt my oonie!"