Saturday, January 12, 2008

Deep Thoughts...

Tonight I was getting ready to take a shower and looked too closely in the mirror. Not only do I have a FEW grey hairs, I have a TON of grey hairs. Yes...a ton. I have very dark hair so they are getting really noticeable. I bought a set of tweezers to pluck the "few" I thought I had. I had my sights on one particular doozy tonight. Are those sprigs hard to pluck, or what?? Hello? I think I tore out 50 GOOD, BROWN, NOT GREY hairs in the process of trying to get one measly wild hair. I'm only 31...I don't want to start coloring my hair b/c when I do, it's going to look fake...I'm not into fake. This is a HUGE bummer for me...



Also tonight my sweet Ford went to spend the night with his good buddy Grayson. They are sports lovers to the extreme!! Ford has been spending the night out with friends(only a select few whose parents have passed lie detector tests and intense interviews from mommy and daddy :-) ) for a few years now. NEVER has he cried to come home. Lately if he happens to fall asleep during the day, he has a hard time falling asleep at night...A REALLY HARD TIME. Like...he doesn't. Today David took the boys hunting and on the way home...you guessed it...he fell asleep. So at 10:30 he calls crying to come home. I know he is in FABULOUS hands at Keith and Leah's...It's like I was torn on whether to go and get him or not. I guess since he is my oldest child, I have expected him to be so strong...maybe sometimes he needs to still be my baby. Okay...I'm gonna start bawling...David immediately jumped up and said,"I'm going to go and get him...I don't want my children to need me and me not be there for them." AWWWW...So THAT'S why I married him... :-)

Here are a few pictures before Church last Sunday...not great...but it's all I have right now!





post signature

4 comments:

Adcock'sCircus said...

Great Call! I use to cry everytime I spent the night away - my mother would come get me (we lived an hour away from most of my friends) - but I still remember how much better I felt when she arrived. She came no matter what time it was and I loved her for it!

The Adcocks said...

I hear you with the grey hairs. So depressing!

Kristi said...

I was 26 when my brother pointed out my first grey hairs! That was depressing. I've had the "fake" look for several years now. The maintence bites, but I'd rather have it than the grey. I love grey hair on men, but not on me.

Leah said...

I think grey is beautiful, but can completely understand not wanting it at 31!

Sweet story about Ford and David. Carson has only ever spent the night away once (except for grandparents) and that was with you guys!

LOVE LOVE LOVE your new layout!!