Sunday, March 30, 2008

Shrimp Boil...

Last evening David and I hosted a Shrimp/craw fish(yuck) Boil at our house for our Young Families Group at Church. We had a wonderful time of Fellowship and FEAST! Our good friend Bobby from Landmark brought the devotional about how to be a "Bad" (as in good) parent. Thanks Bobby!! I didn't get many pictures(sorry if I didn't get one of your kid), I was too busy dealing with little things like forgetting to buy Cocktail Sauce and enough drinks. The kids ran around like crazy Indians while we ate shrimp, craw fish(did I already say GROSS), salads, potatoes, corn, and desserts. I must say that David did a great job with cooking!! We had over 50 people attend including our Sunday School teacher and his wife AND my mom and dad. Fellowship is just such a wonderful and vital part of being a Christian. We are so lucky to have so many Godly people among us for our kids to be around.

Today, we are just left with the memories and lots and lots of dead mosquitoes all over our house...in every nook and cranny...in every room...A special thanks goes out to Chris and Taryn for helping us kill as many mosquitoes as possible, to Keri A. for running to Target to get more drinks and ice and desserts, to my mom and dad for keeping AW yesterday afternoon and to Ashley(we missed you, E, & C) for keeping the boys so they didn't tear up the house before the par-tay...and it was a PAR-TAY!!








post signature

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Elizabeth Johnston said...

Sounds like lots of fun! I love some shrimp! Wish we could have been there to join in on the festivities! Great pics!

Melissa Lester said...

Thanks for having us! We had so much fun. And we have enjoyed the shrimp you sent home with us. All the pictures are so good. We all knew to dress our kids cute in case you brought your camera out for some great pics! :)

Robin Taylor Holley said...

Your pics are always so unique. I can't believe I'm a blogger now!! I love it!! Now I want a new camera. Everything we do now, I'm thinking, this would be a cute post!!! It's crazy. Have a great week!

Sandy Thompson said...

Hey Allison,
I've just recently started blogging. I love your blog. I came across it while looking at another one. I'm glad I did. Now Chad and I can keep up with you guys. Your kids are getting so big. I love all the pictures you have of them.