Friday, May 30, 2008

words I love to hear...

THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY DAY TODAY...
Today, AW said, "...when I drow up I wanna be a mommy." That was just music to my ears. I said, "AW, that is the very BEST thing you can be."


After I worked out at the Y this morning, I followed my "Summer schedule" of taking the kids to the pool after my workout. I packed towels, snacks, waters, my swimsuit, sunscreen, floaties, water toys, goggles, etc, trying to remember everything. Well, as I started to pull it all out, I realized I had forgotten AW's swimsuit. I just sat there for a minute trying to decide what to do.

Option # 1...Let my pride get in the way and load everyone in the car and head home. I seriously considered this people, what kind of mommy am I??

Option # 2....Put on the blue swimmy diaper and let her swim in that. For those of you who know my obsession with fashion, you know it was so hard for me to swallow my pride and let her swim in only a swimmy diaper in front of all the peeps at the Y. A navy blue swimmy diaper at that!!

Well, I chose option #2 and made sure to announce to the "crowd" as we entered to pool area that I'd forgotten her swimsuit. One lady piped up that she had an extra one I could borrow. That was really sweet, but I declined. I had a plan. David always comes to the Y to workout during lunch. I called my sweet husband and asked how badly he wanted to do me a huge favor. He was feeling especially nice today, so he stopped by the house and picked up her swimsuit on the way to the Y. Well...it's not really on the way...it's maybe a 5 minute detour. So he scored some major brownie points and AW had a swimsuit to wear for most of our swim...no more redneck baby...it's all good!!


post signature

6 comments:

Jenny said...

How sweet!

I know how you feel about the swim diaper...Noah's bathing suits were in the wash yesterday, so I let him just wear his swim diaper to my in-laws house...and I hated it! I would so rather him have a suit on.

Adcock'sCircus said...

big brownie points for the hubby! i am with you on the swim diapers. i have started to keep an extra swim trunk for all the boys in the car now - i am so forgetfull at this point!

Melissa Lester said...

Woo, crisis averted! Please tell me she at least had a bow in. And I know she did! :)

kma said...

I love that...so me! I am clothes obsessed, too & I love the panic! I think we have a roblem...ha!
Kelly A. (Nashville Friend of Christine)

Leah said...

you crack me up!!

Betsy said...

Wasn't that the day I saw you?! Must have been post swimsuit drop off! My husband wouldn't have done that in a million years...then again I don't have any little girls..
Great to see you- love all the new pictures!