Sunday, June 15, 2008

Have you ever hurdled a pew DURING services?

I have. Tonight AW was especially flirtatious with some kiddos behind us. She was sitting as close to me AS POSSIBLE. In one short moment, she dove off the back of the pew landing with her face...on the floor. Seriously, you could hear a "gasp" amongst the church goers. The quickest way I could get to her was to jump over the pew(thank goodness I had on capris and not a skirt). I was sitting in the middle and there were people on both sides of me but no one on the pew directly behind us. I scooped her up and we hurried out of church with her screaming at the top of her lungs. She's fine... she has a little Rudolph nose, but it could have been so much worse. I'm sure our Minister loved seeing that from the pulpit. :-)

This has been a tough week for us. The boys have battled the dreaded "fever virus". Ya know, the diagnosis you get from the Ped. when they don't know what is wrong. They missed 1/2 of basketball camp last week and poor Ford was STILL running a fever today(day 5) so he will miss his first day of baseball camp tomorrow. Also this week, Ann Welch cut herself some bangs. I about DIED, but luckily they aren't noticeable. The scalping took place close to her part and it just kind of falls to the side. Copeland left some scissors on the floor and she helped herself to them. She is getting a hair cut tomorrow, so I'm sure Mrs. LayLa will love her new "doo".


post signature

7 comments:

Robin Taylor Holley said...

No, I have not!! The image of you doing this is making me laugh. I'm glad she is okay!:)

Paige said...

Oh don't worry, I gave myself bangs too when I was little! Except that mine were for sure noticeable... very much so. I did it while my mom had company over. I think she almost killed me in front of everyone

Rebecca said...

I heard the crying and wondered who it was. Poor thing! I am glad she is ok!

Lara said...

You should have seen Allison!
Priceless!

Adcock'sCircus said...

The times you wish someone was taping so that you could send it in to America's Funniest... You could win some money with the pew hurdle. And bangs grow out, I am sure she is still as cute as ever.

Kristi said...

How did I miss that last night at church? Maybe when I had Brooks out for his 3rd round of spankings??? At least you didn't get the infamous comment from the pulpit, "Well, that can't be good" (remember the night Brooks pulled the fire alarm?)

Leah said...

Hate I missed that! :) Glad she's ok and I hope the boys are feeling much better!