Monday, July 7, 2008

July 4th beach trip...

Well, it has taken me FOR-EV-AH to post all these pictures! There were so many I wanted to post, but I think this will be HUGE enough. haha!! This probably won't be the best set of posts. If you saw my house, which I did leave clean, you would understand!! We are heading back to Sandestin on Wed. so I have to wash and re-pack too!
We had the best week with the Rives and the Phillips! Ashley's parents are so kind to let us take over the 2nd floor of their beach house. What a fantastic way to spend the 4th of July...with Christian friends. :-)

I don't have many pics of the adults(no one wants to see those anyway, huh)!! I REALLY wish I would have gotten one of all 15 of us together, but we just couldn't swing it.

Allison P, Ashley, and I decided to each take a night to cook. We didn't want to brave Destin on the 4th b/c it takes an hour to drive 5 miles(seriously). It was nice to just stay in for a change. After the kids were in bed, we stayed up late and played cards and games and laughed and laughed and laughed!!
Here are David and Bobby on the roof during the fireworks. I had one with Brandon too, but David and Bobby are doing some kind of silly sign with their hands. I don't want some gang member to see my blog and come after my fam. You know, I'm sure a good many gang members are looking at my blog. I'm so paranoid.


The chillins spent a lot of time on this cool boat. We had days where the waves were huge and it was nice for them to still get in the ocean. The last day, the waves were really mild and they didn't want to get out of the water.

Darlin' little Grant about to jump on a Popsicle. Those were great treats for the beach!!



Thank you Bobby and Ashley, we had a super fabulous time!! We love y'all! :-)

post signature

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Adcock Circus said...

great pictures! looks like a blast. makes me ready for our trip there in august. can not wait!!!! happy 4th!

Melissa Lester said...

We are at the beach taking a break from the heat as I type this. Joe took the children down early this morning, and a shark swam by before I went down. Joe said a wave of people hurried out of the ocean as it came, then got right back in as soon as it passed. I would not have been so confident that it would not turn around and come back! You got some beautiful pictures!

Rebecca said...

I love love love the beach! Looks like y'all had a great time.

Leah said...

Looks like a great 4th!