Monday, August 18, 2008

little treasures...

Click on the collage to make it bigger...

Last week Ann Welch decided to "clean" my laptop(which by the way, was purchased this past Jan). She cleaned it "real good" with fruit/veggie cleaner. She cleaned it so good, it died a slow, painful death. Actually, I am going to send it off to see if we can retrieve pics, itunes songs, emails, etc. I'm so mad that I didn't back any of it up!! I have most of my favorite pics uploaded to Snapfish or developed though.

I said all that to say...I've been revamping our grandma desktop. It is slower than Christmas, but it has my old pictures on it. I didn't start this blog until a year and a half ago, so here are some pics before that. These make me so sad...I want my kids to stop growing up so fast!!




post signature

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Leah said...

WOW, look how they've grown! Sorry about your laptop...at least she likes to clean?!? :)

Kristen said...

Those pictures are so sweet. It is amazing to me how much they have grown, especially AW!

Melissa Lester said...

I hope your pictures are saved! I enlarged the collage so I could look at all those precious images. I remember those pics you took of AW on the chair like it was yesterday!

The Wilsons in Georgia said...

Cool collage. How did you do that? I'm sorry about your laptop. My plan is to buy an external hard drive to back up my pictures . . . I pray nothing happens until then since I have pictures from 2004 on my computer!!!

Jennifer

Robyn said...

Oh my goodness!!! I can't even imagine losing my computer with all of my pictures on it! That's just painful. I'm so paranoid about losing my stuff that I put all my pics on CD's immediately (before editing) and then again after I edit. I've even woken up in the middle of night nervous about losing pictures when I haven't backed up like I usually do. I'm telling you, it's a HUGE fear!!! I'm SO sorry that my worst nightmare came true for you!!!

Sandy said...

I love love love this blog. It's so neat. Sorry about your computer though!!!!

Rebecca said...

We lost our computer a couple of years ago. It was sad to lose all of those pictures. One thing we did was ask all of our relatives to email us any pics that we had sent them. We ended up with a lot more than I thought we would have.
I LOVE THE COLLAGE!!!

Adcock Circus said...

i feel your pain. Gage started kindergarten today!! It is only 1/2 day or at least until he realizes some go full day.

sorry about the laptop - i just invested in a remote hard drive to back everything up - it took forever but was worth the pain!

Three plus Me said...

I feel your pain! The hard drive on my old laptop went out w/ ALL the pics from the boys. Now I save all my pics on a flashdrive. Who knows, someone may be able to salvage something from it!