Thursday, August 28, 2008

Make new friends...but keep the old...

We had a wonderful first week of mother's day out for AW. She is making new friends and tonight she wanted to pray for her new friends and her old friends. I started the prayer by praying for her to one day find a Christian husband who would love God and her and be good to her. She stopped me right there and said, "mommy, if I marry Judson, he will be nice to me." Then she had the longest, sweetest prayer of her little 2.75 years and I wish I had a tape recorder sitting next to me.







Also, this week, I caught her with a silver sharpie. She had just gotten through "painting" her toenails with the sharpie. Later, I found more sharpie artwork in her room... That is the SAME sharpie that ruined one of our dresses. It found it's way into the trash can pretty quickly.



post signature


Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Kristi said...

Yes, I noticed her toenails in class Wed night. I thought, "Wow, what an interesting choice of nailcolor that Allison has!" I didn't get close enough to see the fabulous job she did painting them herself!

Rebecca said...

I hope she didn't mess up too many things with the sharpie! I am sure she was proud of her artwork.

Melissa Lester said...

What a sweet girl! I'm glad she already has her eye on a good boy. And can you really blame her for wanting to get fancy with a silver Sharpie? I mean, really, who could resist?

Leah said...

So sweet! I love to hear little ones pray!

These are great pictures of her!

Kristi said...

Oh, Taryn told me that Kate ran up to David on Wed night, thinking it was Scott. If our families keep getting mistaken for each other (Judson thinking Kate was AW), we might have some trouble!

Lara said...

Don't you think we can go ahead and start planning the wedding. I am all for "arranged marriages" What fun we could have dressing the grands!!!

Adcock Circus said...

Adorable pictures. Davis said "awww she wooks pretty mommy" I said that is AnnWelch he said she could be his "grill"friend. So if she is ever up for grilling...

The Allen Clan said...

miss my friend!!!! love the pics!!

Kristi said...

We are having a local girl's blog party... check out my blog!