Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Prayers of a child...

So... AW has had some "deep" prayers during this past year. I don't like the "God is great" prayers because they take away any thinking a child has to do. They have been saying, "God is great..." at school lately so that has been what she wants to pray...at the table, at bedtime, etc. Last night we all congregated in the boy's room to say our prayers together as a family. Ann Welch "volunteered" to pray first and she began, "God is great...". David told her to say a "real" prayer(sorry if this offends). So, she began, "I pwedge awwegiance to the fwag"... :-)

post signature

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh, now that got a snicker out of me! I'm with you - we like to talk to God about things that happened during the day we are thankful for. But, inevitably we get back to, "Thank you for the fan, thank you for the window, thank you for my bed..."

Sandy said...

Okay, that made me laugh! Hilarious!

Melissa Lester said...

Hee-hee! I love to hear kids' prayers, and maybe she has the right idea anyway, wanting to pray for our country!

Jenny said...

That is too funny! We, too, try to steer away from the "God is great..." but we have the hardest time getting Ian to thank God for anything but the food. We have to talk with him before the prayer so that he'll say something in addition to the food.

T. Brodie said...

Just so you know... she prays at church too. She jump-started into one last night before we were ready for it! I love hearing what all they have to say!