Sunday, November 22, 2009

Impulsive....

We went to visit my sweet grandparents in North Alabama last weekend. Little did we know, we would come home with a new puppy. All year, I've heard,"We are the only ones in the WHOLE school who don't have a pet." Blah, blah, blah. David and I have said time and time again, we weren't getting a dog until we move to the country.

Lookie, lookie what we did.........

There was this pitiful 9 year old boy who drug his puppy to the park to meet my kids. I think he had a plan. I think we had, "sucka" written all over our faces. He reeled us in with stories of people wanting to cook her and eat her....to...telling us 3 or 4 ways that he got her. He was a precious child, really. I wanted to take him home with me, wife beater tee and all. He told me there were 9 people living in his tiny house.

We ended up with our sweet Dixie, who I am starting to like, darnit. David gave him 20 bucks and I told him to hide it from his mom. She was a little scary looking. Dixie is a "Chiweiner" dog. She appears to be a mix b/w a Chihuahua and a weiner dog. She is cute, she is sweet. She loves to lick and snuggle. We are smitten. Oh, well................








post signature

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Well that is a cute puppy. I'm glad you held out for such a sweet pup! :) And, I must admit, I didn't think that was what your "impulsive" would be about! :)

wwwcribbfamily-jill said...

Dixie is adorable! I know y'all will enjoy her. Our last dog was named Dixie too! I recognize some of Ann Welch's clothing brands - where do you get all of her precious clothes? I am always on the search for new trunk shows and children's boutiques.

Kristi said...

Please bring her by the clinic... we would love to see you guys...