Sunday, June 20, 2010

OMAHA Day 3... THE FLOOD

We are here in Omaha safe and sound. We are staying at the Candlewood Suites for the week and our room has a full kitchen. It's nice that we don't have to worry about eating out every meal. I braved heavy rain and lightning to run into Panera and get us a bagel pack for breakfast. My hair is officially a fro in a bun. You can view the proof below in these awful pics. I am determined to post pics everyday regardless of how bad they are!! :-) I'm not one to break out my camera in the rain, but I did today for the sake of the blog...haha!!

If you know me well, you KNOW I'm going to give a weather update. It is flooding like crazy. Heavy rain and lightning like I've never seen in my life. I dropped my baby(Ford) off in his cabin during a storm. Time to cut the apron strings, Al. Right when we left, it started to hail and all I could think about was, "why did I put him by the window??" So silly, I know. :-) All the team stays together in a cabin like structure. I left my phone with him, so he's pretty pumped about that. He's already texted David 3 or 4 times.

Earlier in the day, we got a phone call from our good friends, The Evans'. Their son Grayson is on Ford's team and they are BIG buddies. They were almost to Omaha, but their transmission went out about 100 miles out. A Dub, David and I went to pick them up. Once again, we got to see the beautiful corn field farm lands. Most of them were viewed during a horrible down pour.

Well, we are about to hit the hay. I'm hoping to sleep until 8:30. Wahoo!!













post signature

Posted by Picasa

No comments: