Friday, June 18, 2010

Omaha Trip...day one...pit stop...Nashville


Today we left Montgomery on a 9 day trip with a destination of Omaha, Nebraska. Ford's travel baseball them, The Dirtbags, is playing in a tournament there. Teams from all over the country will be our competition. We stopped in Nashville tonight to spend the night with my sister. The kids, as always, were so excited to see each other and have been wild since we walked through the door. :-) I wish we could spend more time here.

Tomorrow we will head to Omaha...10 plus hours in the car...with children who aren't patient....wonder where they get that from?? I am praying that my sanity will still be in tact when we arrive.

Coming into Nashville tonight, we saw TONS of lightning bugs all along the interstate. It gave us some conversation other than, "when are we going to be there??" I DREAD the drive tomorrow. We have ipods, books, DVD's, coloring books, snacks, drinks, and a few rewards for good behavior. For some reason, I'm thinking I won't be passing out the rewards for good behavior based on the 4 1/2 hour ride earlier today.

I'm going to try to update my blog daily for family and friends. It'll be the diary I haven't had since I wrote about my 3rd grade crush.











post signature

Posted by Picasa

No comments: