Saturday, June 19, 2010

On the road to Omaha...

Today was the big driving day. We all showered and left Christine's around 7:15 this morning. We met up with our fellow Dirtbags friends, The Hills, in Clarksville.

The car trip was long and loud. We are not a quiet family. Everyone yells above the other to garner attention for themselves. Everyone yells at once. Sometimes David and I see how long we can ignore the yelling. I was the, "mom, can you get this for me?" person all day.

I was just SURE that all three kids would sleep for hours and dream of baseball. No nap for AW the day before+bedtime of 11pm does not equal a good nap the next day. Nope, it doesn't. She finally fell asleep around 12:30 and woke up 30 minutes later with some kind of ache. We still don't know what it was, but I do know that she screamed for 26 minutes. She was too tired to sleep. That was very stressful.

Surprisingly, Copie was very well behaved today. Ford spent the day engrossed in his Atlas, telling us what cities were coming up, and checking the weather. Ann Welch(aside from the fit) sang most of the way. She told me she couldn't get Justin Bieber out of her head. David and I took phone pics of all the stadiums we passed and neat-o land marks. Once we passed Kansas City, beautiful, green farm lands were all we saw the remainder of the trip. All in all, we were in the car for 13 hours today, add the 4.5 from yesterday, and you have a grand total of 17.5 hours. We drove 80 and it still took us this long.

When we finally arrived in Omaha, we drove straight to the new ball park where we will be playing this week. The kids quickly found the most exciting spot on the grounds. Frogs...mini-frogs. Oh, so cute. As I was laughing and smiling at my cutie pie kids playing with frogs, my 9 year old son(who I claimed was well behaved today) pulled my shirt out and dumped 6 frogs down the front. Two became stuck in my, um, bra. It was one of the nastiest experiences I've ever had. Yes, I danced, screamed, freaked, and almost threw up. I'm not a wimp, but seriously...that was disgusting. He'd better watch his back this week...I'm comin' for him!!!!

I haven't broken out my good camera yet(I will tomorrow). Here are a few from my cell and Shay's cell....


Right before the frog incident...looking so innocent...
Just getting on the road this morning...
In Fazoli's eating lunch outside of St. Louis...with Dalton, Brody, and Thomas


No comments: