Monday, November 1, 2010

Needle in a haystack...

I took the kids to Shakespeare today for our first attempt at Christmas Card pics. I say first attempt, b/c it usually takes about 3. After we got out of the car, I remember tossing my keys to the side at some point(not sure why I did this but...)and proceeding to take 1,000,000 pictures of my kids. About 30 minutes later I thought to myself, where are my keys??

The kids and I looked and prayed for about 30 min. As you can see from the pic below, they were thrilled... Stupidly, I left my cell phone in my locked car...so I had to ask "man-reader-hoggin-the-bench-I-wanted-to-use-for-pictures" if I could borrow his cell phone. I left a voice mail for David to come and get us. Next, we explored, took more pics, had a few meltdowns, and watched for daddy. Daddy never came. Finally, I grabbed little hands and prayed again that the Lord would help us find my keys. 10 minutes later, I found them! :-)

It was nearing dark, and I had promised/bribed Nancy's Italian Ice, so we took off. I called David and asked if he knew what voice mail was??? Ya know, b/c he never came to rescue us. Apparently, it was I who made the mistake, though. I dialed the wrong number and he never had a VM from me. So, I am thankful that the Lord answered my prayer with a yes. Otherwise, we might be sleeping under the stars tonight. ;-)

cc1

4 comments:

Kristi said...

So glad you found your keys! And, I just laughed out loud at that picture... it was perfect for that story. I will be bribing our kids tomorrow or Wed...

Julie Owen said...

Shew!~ :)...I love the picture...it truly is worth 1,000 words. You could've used this as a wordless Wednesday :).

Rebecca said...

The picture is priceless!!!! So glad your story ended well!

Erika said...

I think that photo should be the back of your Christmas card! Too cute and I'm glad you found your keys. My mom is going to let me have her Canon SLR, so I may be hitting you up for some tips, or post some tutorials here!