Monday, February 21, 2011

Project 365...Days 48-50... CATCH UP Beach style...

We just got home from a SPECTACULAR weekend with friends at the beach. The weather was fabulous...high 60's to low 70's and sunny. I am only going to post the three P365 days I've missed tonight...I am just too tired to edit the rest, but they are coming. :-)

Car convo on the way home.

Prelude:
AW doesn't travel well. Yes, she is 5 and we know she should. She is a pretty easy kid for the most part, but car behaviour isn't her strong suit. We don't have the fancy schmancy dvd built in, so we usually bring a laptop. SOMEONE forgot the adaptor.

AW, "Let's play guess if I'm drinking water."
Copeland, "Aw, okay."
AW, "gurgle, gurgle"
Cope, "you are drinking."
AW, "nope, I'm not" {giggle, giggle}
Copeland, "yes you are, I saw you swallow."
AW, "okay, guess now."
Cope, "you didn't drink this time...you are faking."
AW, "how can you tell?"
Cope, "I see you spitting the water back in the bottle."

This continues until I cannot take it anymore and say, "QUIET! NOBODY says a word. DO.NOT.TALK"

AW, "Can I hum?"
Me, "NO!"
AW, "Can I cough?" cough, cough, cough, cough
Me, "NO, you cannot make a peep."
AW, "peep"
Me, "Wow, David...a little help here."
I give him a tender love pat on the shoulder.
David, "OWWWW, SUNBURN!".
Me, "Me, oh, sorry...are you getting sleepy?" {I ask this every 15 minutes}
He gives me the, "I never get sleepy, I'm a man" look.
Ford, "How many miles do we have left?"
Me, "NO ONE IS SUPPOSED TO BE TALKING!"
Cope, "Can I have a hot tamale?"
Me, "NO, you aren't supposed to eat chewy candy with your braces! Remember? We go through this everyday...and STOP TALKING."
AW, "I need to go potty NOW!!"
Me, "Hon, pull over(for the 4th time) and make sure it's a two seater this time, will ya?"
David, "Hey! Look at all those deer that just ran in front of us."
Me, "HELLO?"
Ford, "Are they bucks...can you try to hit one with the car?"
Me, "you are so dumb, fo real."
AW, "It's my turn with the ipod."
Cope, "NO, it's still mine."
AW, "but IIII wannnt a tuuurrrnnnn....."
Me, "qqqqqqqqqqquuuuuuuuuuuuuuiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttt!!!"

Can you tell I'm a little stressed from the ride home? The good news is, the boys didn't fight on this trip. Hip hip...

Day 48... Full moon reflecting on the water...

365-48

Day 49... Beach Picture Non-traditional style. I wanted bright color.

web b2

Day 50... AW's beach hat...

365-50

3 comments:

Brittany said...

I looove the bright beach pic! They are all so handsome/pretty!

Rebecca said...

Your car rides sound like ours. Ours escalates to the no talking point quite often, with the exception being that they can sing along to the radio, but that is all!
Love the pictures!!!

sweeter and the bubbas said...

Thanks girls! :-) Rebecca, I'm glad I'm not the only one!! :-)