Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Project 365...Days 98 & 99...99 red balloons...sort of...

I am in t-r-o-u-b-l-e with this one. I will refrain from posting the pictures of him torturing Ford in the yard right after this cheezzze smile. I'm going to have to stay on my knees in prayer. I don't worry about his heart, though. It's big, compassionate, and tender.

Day 98

365-98

Day 99

Due to having two older brothers, AW knows things they didn't at 5. There is a current song, never mind that I despise the words, in which a guy stupidly sings "I'll catch a grenade for ya," to his "shawty." Another REALLY dumb word that makes me want to puke. There's nothing like turning on Praise music in my car to, in turn, hear my 5 year old baby belt the words, "I'll catch a grenade for ya." Yeah, sure you would, dude. So, anyway, the question presents,

"Mommy, what's a grenade?"

Me(thinking, am I really having to answer this?) "It's sort of a mini bomb that explodes and they use it in war."

Her, "Do daddies die in war?"

Me, "Yes, they do and it's really sad."

Her, "Does the government make them go?"

Me, "Well."

On a brighter note, I had a session this evening and dropped A dub off w/ my parents. I planned on doing a little mini-session with her b/c I bought some polka dot balloons online(8 bucks for 5) and wanted to use them. We spent 20 minutes in Publix getting them filled with helium(5 bucks) and headed to Mama Sue and Papa's.

I had her all color coordinated and cutesy. Super pumped about this. I tied the balloons to her wrist so they wouldn't blow away when we went outside. Apparently I don't know two toots about tying. The SECOND I positioned her where I wanted her to stand, they were violently ripped from her wrist by the wind and are on their happy way to the moon.

Plan B. Mama Sue's porch swing. I think I love these more than I would have the balloon pics!

Day 98...Mama Sue Rocks!!

365-99

...and some of my favs of her swinging...

w aw6

w aw5

w aw4

w aw3

w aw2

w aw1

2 comments:

Becky Welch said...

LOVE them - esp. the swing!!! I agree - don't think you would have gotten any better with the balloons!

Decal Monograms said...

So sorry you lost the balloons!!! I would have cried... however you did get some really good ones instead. Very special.

Speaking of songs. It could be worse!

The Katy Perry "Peacock". If you have not heard it, Google it when your kids are not around. NOT AROUND!


Um ya, someone thought it was a good idea to give my 9 year old the CD for her b-day. ME NOT knowing she opened it and was listening to it with my 6 and 4 year old I hear them singing "The" song.


SO, when we were at the zoo last week my 4 yr old saw a peacock. I'll leave it at that. Glad the people around us had a sense of humor.